FWEA supports a variety of activities that assist College Students entering the world of water resources and wastewater treatment, both to encourage understanding of the complex issues we face today and to attract young people to a career in the industry.
Each year FWEA sponsors a student design competition focusing on both traditional wastewater and environmental design projects. This competition is intended to promote “real world” design experience for college students who have an interest in pursuing careers in the water and wastewater fields. Teams that place first in both categories, traditional wastewater and environmental, will participate in the WEF Student Design Competition held in conjunction with WEFTEC.
FWEA recognizes the following student chapters:
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
Advisors: Drs. Daniel Meeroff and Fred Bloetscher
- Florida International University, Miami, FL
Advisor: Dr. Berrin Tansel
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
Advisor: Dr. Debra Reinhart
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Advisor: Dr. John Sansalone
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
Advisors: Drs. Antonio Nanni and James Englehardt
- University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
Advisor: Chris Brown
- University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Advisor: Dr. Sarina Ergas
- Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL
Advisor: Howard Heck
- FAMU/Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
Advisor: Youneng Tang, Ph.D.
- Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, FL
Advisor: Dr. Simeon Komisar, Ph.D.